Monday, September 20, 2010

Tales from the Farm: Parts run



You can make a small fortune in farming - provided you start with a large one."
- Unknown

Sakes alive, I would love to meet the person who said that. Because whoever it was, they weren't a-kidding. (Do you like my farmer accent?)  My latest adventure taught me that lesson, and one about working smarter, not harder.

The day started out pretty normal, at least as normal as a day around here can be. CJ was flipping through her web comics and Jac was watching the Los Angeles morning news (don't ask.)  Right about then, our neighbor drops in and asks a favor: Can we run up to a tractor parts store in another county and pick up a part? Seems everything was “running backwards,” so he didn't have time to go himself.  I jumped at the chance as I knew it would give me face time with Maneki Neko. The girls took a little more convincing, but they eventually agreed. As it was also an opportunity for more stunning pictures of magnificent me, I suggested CJ bring her Canon.

Traveling north on Highway V


Wave to the camera, Love



The rest of the trip was uneventful.

-blink,blink, you're blushing-

I am NOT blushing. Dragons don't blush. Besides, I got left in the car while you went in to get the part. Ergo, the trip was uneventful.

Though I did see some very lovely fall mums. CJ was too busy knitting to take a picture of them. But she gave me a sip of her Cherry soda. (The bubbles tickled my snout.) We arrived back in our borough just in time to deliver the part. And the bill. $60 for that little plug between my paws. Can you believe it?


Delivery, dude
 
“One more favor, if you please.” Only too happy to help, I say. (I've got to keep my mouth shut from now on). “Unload that hay wagon, would ya?” Sure, I say. I didn't realize how big those bales were until Jac helped me up into the wagon and CJ got the lens focused.

Yikes!

I've got it... Don't got it. It's got me.

Hard work does have it's rewards though...


Don't let Maneki Neko see this
 
I got to kitten-sit while the girls finished unloading the wagon. Wasn't too bad, until I got surrounded.


Hey, watch it back there!

Wait, what are you....? -sniff-
 
At last, the job was done, the part delivered. We got home, had mac & cheese, and collapsed. I learned why Jac likes those Cosequin buckets... (I'm not going to post my bath pictures. You pervs....) But I will be plotting and planning my next adventure. 

Until then, I'm Faraday and this was my first parts run. Keep watching for my next post. It will be shiny. It will be snazzy. It will contain shaggy-ya Arabs. I get to ride a horse! (If it ever stops raining.) TTFN.

No comments:

Post a Comment