Saturday, January 8, 2011

My portrait

“Painting is poetry that is seen, rather than felt...” Leonardo DaVinci. 

I think this applies to line drawing too. Of the many great experiences at DaishoCon, my portrait by Rebecca Burg is one of the best. 

See, I'm small for my species. Very small, and young. Because of this, the girls get me into the cons at no extra charge. But this means that I don't get a badge or anything else that says who I am. So, I got the idea for calling cards, but I don't want just a picture of me, I want something...else. 

As we explored DaishoCon, one of the areas we examined was Artist Alley. It's essentially a hallway filled with booths of people who craft or draw or otherwise create their own merchandise. Thus, many artists, most of whom were advertising their novels and/or comic books. I talked with all of them. I looked at their art styles. I even bought a few souvenirs (with Jac's help, of course). But nothing really suited me. 

And then we met Her. I wanted. CJ questioned. Jac negotiated...and paid. I got. Ladies and Gentlemen, boys and girls... My first ever portrait sitting!

R.B.'s supplies and samples

I struck a pose and R.B. picked a pencil.

 
Halfway done. I've never had such a hard time sitting
still before. I kept wanting to see...

Now the ink


Finishing touches and...

..Ta-da!
Me!


Thank you, Rebecca, for the wonderful experience. I love my portrait. And to the rest of you... Doesn't she do good work? Until my next event...


Cheers

Faraday,
The FanDragon

No comments:

Post a Comment